Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Paco for Christmas

Recently, I had the opportunity to spend part of an afternoon helping out one of my fellow Improvables troupe members at her school, where she had begun to teach a two-week intensive improv class. The day's topic was jump out ("step out") games, and together we enjoyed playing some old favorites such as "World's Worst" and "185."

You know, like the cool kids do.

Later that day, I was informed by said colleague that the kids had really enjoyed me being there for that brief amount of time. The feeling was mutual, as I had been privileged to meet some very talented, outgoing, fun-loving kids. They are, in fact, off to a rather advantageous head start at theater and improv that I never got when I was in either junior high or high school.

Until college, my theater/improv experience was, in fact, a big ZERO.

One of the students, I was also told, even remarked wanting "a Paco for Christmas" this year.

Kids . . . they say the darndest things. And, sometimes, they can also give out really nice compliments, which hopefully are a reflection of their good upbringing. That comment immediately soared into my Top 5 All-Time Greatest Compliments Ever Received list.

What's the best compliment you've ever received? Or what's the best compliment you've ever given? Feel free to post in the comments section below.

As far as getting "a Paco for Christmas" this year, well, ladies . . . we can all dream. And all this can be yours if . . . "The Price Is Right."

*rim shot*

Merry Christmas, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment