Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Summer Work Party

Since neither of my workplaces hold summer shindigs (ones I'm invited to, anyhow; not that I am bitter), we at least got to attend JB's work party a couple of Saturdays ago. It was a beautiful evening for a BBQ, minus the bees, which, with the changing season just around the corner, will soon be banished back to that hell that spawned them.

OK then! We journeyed up to Syracuse to the home of one of JB's co-workers. I got to meet her boss, as well as several co-workers and their families, and they are wonderful people. One of the kids present was one-year-old Madison, who stuck her fingers inside JB's mouth like this:


I am tempted to do the same to JB with my own fingers nearly every day, so it's not really that unusual. (Tom Jones said so.)

Following dinner, we cooked woofums, which I swear is a real word, or at least I now understand is an actual thing that people cook. Basically, you stick some dough on the end of one of these tiki torch-like sticks, as goofball JB demonstrates here:


. . . and then you roast it over an open fire:


After all of this has been accomplished, you put jelly, jam, or cream filling on the now-cooked bread, roll it up like a pie, and eat it.

I'm certainly not great at it, this being my first time making woofums (what a fun word to both say and type), but we enjoyed the process nonetheless. The company was enjoyable, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment