Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Dallin's Farewell

On Sunday afternoon, we journeyed up to Layton and the Oak Woods Ward sacrament meeting, along with the other Plowmans/Woods and a few of our cousins, to hear my nephew Dallin deliver his missionary farewell address. It was good to see a number of familiar faces (beyond family, of course) from the two years I spent as a member of that ward from 2012 to 2014.


Following the meeting, we went over to Mike's and Jana's home to enjoy some delicious food and also to visit with a number of family friends who showed up to wish Dallin well.


It was a beautiful autumn afternoon. Christian and Graham enjoyed playing in the leaves out on the front lawn:


. . . and Danny joined in on the fun, too.


We are feeling all of the emotions that a family can feel when one of our own beloved members leaves for the mission field. (Incidentally, Dallin entered the MTC today and has begun his missionary labors as I type this.) I'm honestly quite excited for him, because I know what an amazing experience is just ahead. Hardly anyone could be as happy for him as is JB, who served in the same mission from September 1999 through March 2001.

In my head, I still see that little kid I carried on my shoulders through the streets of Brighton, Colorado, and a number of other memories from his growing-up years. These kids grow up way too fast.


Some of the best growing up is just ahead. We are grateful to have another Elder Plowman out in the mission field.

No comments:

Post a Comment