Thursday, July 15, 2021

Rise of the Fun Uncle

I shared a post here last week about one of our recent family dinners. One of the pictures showed my oldest niece, now age 23, playing with one of my younger nephews. I sent a copy of this photo to her and told her that I've observed how good she is with her little cousins and how much they look up to her. In return I got this reply:

"I love them (these kids). You were the same way with me! I remember having so much fun with you and Biz." (Yes, this post is also for you, sis.)

This was just about the best compliment I've ever received (wipes away tear). If these are the kinds of memories I can leave with my nieces and nephews, then hopefully I'm doing something right.

Almost as important, I can also leave them a large collection of Star Wars DVDs and LEGO video games in mostly-good condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment