Thursday, November 26, 2015

Good Things to Come

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday today and, where possible, you were able to spend at least some time with family members or friends.

As for me, it is an odd-numbered year (i.e. 2015), so it is a year when all of my siblings go to the in-laws' for Turkey Day. That is partly why I ended up eating my piece of pumpkin pie in a hospital room.

It wasn't what I had planned on nor where I wanted to be, but then again, nobody at that hospital wanted to be therethe other visitors, the nurses, and the patients especially.

Someone in my family is sick right now. Out of respect to this person and the condition being battled, I do not get any more specific than that at this time. Suffice me to say, for now, that this person wanted to be in this hospital room less than anyone else there and asked multiple times to be taken home.

It is not possible at the moment. Not today. But we hope and pray that that day will come soon.

Over the course of a very anxious week, we have been doing a lot of hoping and praying. None has been more stressed or worried than Mom.

I am not the one who tends to be optimistic in these situations. Nevertheless, a familiar quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley keeps running through my head:

"Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. . . . If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

How exactly it will all work out remains to be seen right now. But in the Lord's due time, it will all be OK. There is always hope when we put our trust in the High Priest of good things to come.

Sometimes, the lessons on gratitude are not totally lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment