Saturday, July 30, 2016

Pioneer Day Weekend

Perhaps you heard, but we celebrated Pioneer Day weekend last week. The actual day fell on a Sunday this year, which meant that the neighbors basically shot off fireworks well past midnight for four straight nights.

Antelope Island caught fire Friday night, and it looked rather scary from my vantage point in Bountiful when I snapped this photo:


Anyhow, as a family we got together Saturday so the kids could go swimming, and that was followed by a barbecue at Grandma's and Grandpa's house.

Christian and McKenna had fun with an old favorite, Bristle Blocks:


And there was much rejoicing.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't thought of Bristle Blocks for years. I remember those from my childhood. I may have to pick some up for the kids.

    ReplyDelete