Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Our Dinner with the Aronis 2019

My old friends, the Aroni family from Cusco, Peru, whom we visited at their home in Spanish Fork in August, came up to Bountiful for a visit Saturday afternoon. Armandito's father, Armando Sr., is in town from Peru, so it was, likewise, good to see and talk to him for the first time in nearly 20 years.


We first met for lunch at one of our favorite local restaurants for some Chinese food. After that, we congregated at our house, where both Armandos; Armandito's wife, Mariela; JB and I talked about old times and looked over my old mission photos. Meanwhile, the kids watched Incredibles 2 on Netflix, so everybody had something fun to do.

Armando Sr. was an investigator of the Church when I first met him in 1996, and he remained that way for many years after. He told me Saturday that he had heard nearly 100 total discussions with the missionaries (including myself) over those years. Finally, just a couple of years ago, he finally took the plunge (literally) and was baptized into the Church. It gave me such joy to learn of it at the time, and I was happy to be able to tell him about it face to face as we talked about the principles of the gospel and how his family has been doing.

It's great to have life-long friends like these good people, and I'm glad JB has got to meet them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment