Sunday, February 17, 2019

Star Wars Pack Meeting

My brother Ben is serving as scoutmaster of his ward's Scout troop in Centerville. On Tuesday night, they held their monthly pack meeting, and the theme for the night was Star Wars. (And why shouldn't it be? There's never a bad time for Star Wars.)

The Scouts played games such as a Jello-e eating contest, eating through the Jell-o to get to Han Solo trapped inside, which I thought was very clever.


Ben invited me to dress up as a Star Wars character, along with a few other adults (we had a Kylo Ren and a stormtrooper), to help them with the festivities, and I was more than happy to do so. When I showed up dressed in my Jedi robes, I found these two kids running around together:


I was informed that the girl's name is Kenzie, and that she and Graham have been inseparable friends at ward activities. All four of their parents confirmed to me that they're going to get married someday (remember, you read it here first).

I also found Graham hiding under one of the pews in the chapel:


Here's a shot of the group of us from the night: Christian as a stormtrooper, Ben as Kylo Ren, Graham with the extra-large helmet as a stormtrooper, Kenzie as Captain Phasma, and yours truly.


And so, the evening was enjoyed by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment