Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Best Medicine

Is laughter really the best medicine?

Not necessarily. Sometimes, actual medicine is the best medicine when someone is ill. But laughter can sure help out a great deal.


Last Saturday, August 29, my fellow Improvables and I journeyed down to Orem to perform a fundraiser show on Centre Stage at Utah Valley University's Sorensen Building, the first time I have ever set foot on that campus (took me long enough, huh?). It was also my first improv show in Utah County in four years, since I last joined ComedySportz as Mr. Voice.

In addition, this night capped off a month (August) of eight total performances for me, which is easily the most I've tallied in any 31-day span as an improviser. Exhausting, yes, at times, but also very rewarding. Those eight shows stretched from Orem in the south up to Farr West in the north, and eastward to Camp Kostopulos (also a very rewarding volunteer experience).

The beneficiary of this fundraiser was a lady who is raising funds for a service dog to assist her with her seizures. Having a good friend who is aided by one of these special canines, I was happy to take part, and as a troupe we were willing and able to help her out in this worthy endeavor, even a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment